• To understand the principles of bowel anastomosis.
• Be able to know different types of sutures and surgical needles.
• Be familiar with the instruments used in bowel anastomosis.
• To know different types of anastomotic techniques.
• To understand surgical staplers, their properties and uses in bowel anastomosis.
• To master the principles of bowel resection & anastomosis by surgical staplers.
• To gain confidence in performing basic surgical stapling techniques.
At the completion of EBA course the student will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Increased self-efficacy in the bowel anastomosis.
• Increased knowledge in different anastomotic techniques.
• Ability to successfully and safely perform all anastomotic procedures presented in the course.